Are you caring, compassionate, empathetic, and motivated? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Do you want to help lead our agency to reduce crime and abuse and its impacts in our community? Last year, volunteers provided more than 5,000 hours of support to our agency. Here’s how you can help.
*Become a Volunteer Advocate
After training, you will be qualified to answer and respond to our 24hour line from YOUR OWN HOME.
- Listen, empathize, respect limits and maintain confidentiality.
- Focus, clarify and exude honesty.
- Are real and present for every conversation.
- Ask a client about their needs.
- Provide resource and referral information.
- Encourage clients to help themselves and their family.
- Acknowledge hard work accomplished.
- Call other agencies on a client’s behalf when requested.
- Recognize that each client reacts differently to crisis.
- Provide a client a safe space in crisis.
- Support social change to end violence in our community and society.
- Have a support system for themselves.
- Attend a 56 hour training.
- Cover the crisis line from 4:30 pm to 8:30 am on a regular basis determined by your own schedule.
- Assist clients with needs identified by them.
- Attend monthly volunteer advocate meetings.
- Complete 6 hours of continuing education per year.
- Meet with the Volunteer Coordinator annually for evaluation.
- Make a one year commitment to help.
To join our volunteer advocate team, complete the our volunteer application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
*Join our Board of Directors:
We are always looking for community leaders to join our Board of Directors. If you are interested in serving on the Board of Directors, please see the position description for more information and submit your application form to the Board chair at: PO Box 67, Little Falls, MN 56345.